Developing partnerships to improve student Literacy and Numeracy learning is an integral part of our Early Years Program. We value parent involvement in classrooms and encourage parents, grandparents and family members as partners in the education of their children.
Classroom helpers can be involved in a variety of literacy and numeracy classroom activities and learning centres, including supporting small groups or helping one or two children.
- help children remain on task
- provide further encouragement
- provide a positive role model for learning
- learn about current teaching and learning language and strategies to further enhance student learning at school and home
- strengthen the home school relationships and partnerships to support children’s social, emotional and academic development